Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Something He doesn't want me to forget...

On Monday I was driving to my physical therapy appointment, and I turned the radio off and just started talking with God. I thanked him for all the things happening in my life. And asked him for strength with all the things I was have problems with. Then all of a sudden a verse popped in my head. And it was clear as day, I have never had that happen to me and it be that clear. 
The verse was Philippians 1:9
9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
 I have been praying wisdom to understand his word, and to be able to speak to others about Christ. So I was just amazed at God, at the moment I read these verses. 
I just had to tell my husband as soon as I came back home. I was just so excited that God had spoken to me so clearly. Honestly I have not had that happen like that before. I have always believed it could happen, but I am now in a place in my life where I long to be closer to Him. I want to know Him more each day. 
Then later that day I was on the internet, and I saw 2 more references to Philippians. After seeing that I decided that He wanted me to read this book. 


I know I wrote in the last blog post that I am currently reading 2 books, and waiting to read another. (This is no excuse by the way, but) This was what I tried to use as an excuse to hold off on reading Philippians. 
But then yesterday afternoon another mention to Philippians online. And then today I saw a video from Mark Brown titled "The Secret to Overcoming Pain"
(here's the link: http://youtu.be/epBPPZgygQM)
He talks about Philippians 4:12-13, which is different, because I always hear people quote verse 13 but not verse 12. 
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
 So now I think He is not going to let this go until I read it lol :) Isn't Our Heavenly Daddy awesome?! :) Sometimes we just need a few reminders to get going. And we have a Loving Father who will do just that. 


Have a Blessed Day!
Megan 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment